Friday, February 15, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan

Hi all, so I have a confession to make. I hate making chicken parm! (Yes I'm shortening the name, it's too hard to say anyway) No really- I don't like making it for some reason and my chicken always turned out dry. Until I found this recipe! I love making anything in my slow cooker and this turned out AWESOME! I truly recommend it!


Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I cut 3 of them in half so I had 6)
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 egg, beaten
sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
23 oz. marinara sauce

Directions:
Spread the olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot. Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl. Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the parmesan cheese in another separate dish. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings. Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Layer 1 slice of cheese or 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover with entire jar of marinara sauce. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.

24 comments:

  1. I'd like to invite you to link up to Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-4-plus-a-giveaway

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just linked up- thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  2. Yes, yes, YES! This is going on my meal list for this coming week. The boys would go nuts for it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family loves this too, and I love that it's so easy!! :)

      Delete
  3. Chicken Parm is s good, and yours look wonderful! I've never thought about making it in the crock pot!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's my imagination, but the recipe seems to cut off? I see the part about putting the chicken on the bottom of the crockpot and putting cheese on top of that. But where does the sauce go? Do you just pour it in the crockpot? Seems like the breading would come off the chicken that way.

    I'm asking, because I REALLY want to make this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked and you were right- don't know how that happened!! (Maybe I got distracted and forgot to finish?) Anyway- I fixed it, so thanks for letting me know! I pour the sauce on over the chicken and the breading seemed to stay on pretty good for me. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. This looks REALLY delicious! I'm hoping to be able to try it soon, because I've been neglecting my Crock Pot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of obsessed with my crockpot- you will love this recipe!

      Delete
  6. This looks delicious. Cannot wait to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. This looks great! I cant wait to try this this weekend:) Thanks for sharing!
    Shannon
    http://www.cozycountryliving.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Stopping by from Memories by the Mile~ This looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing. Now following on GFC. Have a great week. Stop for a visit some time! Lynn H @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- stopped by your blog and am now a follower! :)

      Delete
  9. Just pinned this yummy meal! It looks delicious!! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. Hope you are having a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks fabulous. I love using the crockpot!! Pinned :)

    The Farm Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I use it quite often! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for sharing this at my party. I featured it today at http://www.memoriesbythemile.com/
    Have a great week and hope to see you next week.
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is now on my menu plan for next week - looks amazing!! Thanks so much for linking up at What's In Your Kitchen Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem- let me know if you liked it!

      Delete
  13. I wouldn't have thought to do chicken parm in the crockpot. I am always hesitant about chicken breasts in the crock pot because they can easily overcook. The spaghetti sauce would help with that and increase the flavor. Great idea. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I hate dry chicken. You will love this!

      Delete
  14. that looks delish!!!! I hope that your little man is feeling better. chicken parmesan recipe

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Not So Perfect Mom | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs