Sunday, January 27, 2013

Rumbi's Chicken & Mango Salad


I am in love with Rumbi's! I love their rice bowls, their burgers, their fish tacos, their Rumbi fries, their salads, their Rumbi rice... the list could go on and on. I just love it. Here is a delicious copycat recipe of their Chicken and Mango salad. It tastes just like Rumbi's!

 Rumbi's Chicken & Mango Salad
Recipe from Deals to Meals

Ingredients:
2 heads romaine, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
3 tomatoes, diced
1 mango, diced
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and seasoned
1 bag tortilla chips

Dressing:
1/4 cup dijon mustard
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
1 teaspoon ginger powder

Directions:
Grill or bake chicken (I grilled mine in my George Forman grill) that has been heavily seasoned with lemon pepper or steak seasoning. Cut chicken into cubes and set aside. Cut lettuce, tomatoes, pepper, and mango. For the dressing, blend the ingredients together until smooth. Layer the salad with lettuce, tomatoes, pepper, chicken, mango, feta cheese and tortilla chips. Serve with dressing.


11 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Rumbi's, but this sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the best! My favorite salad by far!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming over and visiting my blog! Hope you get to try that brownie batter dip and this salad looks divine. Pinned and a new follower :)

    The Farm Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks so yummy! Thank you so much for sharing your delicious recipe. I have linky party going on now, that I would love for you to share your fabulous salad. Your newest follower, too! Love your blog. :)

    Kathy @ lifeonlakeshoredrive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I will join your link party, sounds fun!

      Delete
  5. I don't have a Rumbi's near me but have eaten at one in Utah - delish! So fun that I can now make it at home. I'd love for you to come join in the Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party. http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-3/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of Rumbi's but the salad sure sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I'm trying not to drool over everything over here! :) I LOVE salads with Feta cheese! This looks and sounds amaaazing!

    I'm your 30th follower! Whoo hoo :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The information in this blog is extremely useful for the people.
    mango exporter in pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Not So Perfect Mom | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs